Today, our project to provide people with one single tool for their digital communication has reached a significant milestone. Novius OS' version 0.1 (master) is out.
What will you find in this first version? Many features which are at the core of the Novius OS project:
- Tab-based OS: less navigation, more space for the actual content, multi-tasking. An interface designed to ease content management.
- Media centre: a real file system. All the medias from the different applications are centralised and, therefore, easier to find and re-use.
- Multi-language: we take the pain out of multilingual content management (manage as many versions as you need; some fully translated, others not; add a new language after the development has ended).
- Custom business applications: your CMS, your data. We've made it easy for developers to create customer-specific applications (a bootstrap application is available).
- CMS basics: publish pages, blog posts, create users, assign them permissions, etc.
- And content sharing.
Discover this very important feature of Novius OS with theses slides and screencast:
With this official release comes a first version of the technical documentation. More will follow, documentation is king.
0.1 master is available for you to download on GitHub. Here's how to get started. Have fun!