Novius OS 0.2 is out!
Created on Monday 4 February 2013 13:07
As those of you who watch us on GitHub may have noticed, we've released a new major version of Novius OS on Wednesday. This is a first blog post about version 0.2. It won't be the last as we have a lot to show you.
Here is a summary of the features which have been released:
- Multi-contexts: Manage several sites and/or languages in the same back-office. Share content across your different sites and handle the different domain names.
- Forms application: A new application to create forms to run surveys, collect data, get subscriptions, etc.
- Slideshows application: A new application to show your pictures the nice way.
- 'Build your app' wizard: A wizard to easily and quickly build a Novius OS application (database, UI, etc.).
- Internationalisation (including French version): Novius OS is now ready to be translated. It has already been translated into French.
- Improved documentation: We're moving the documentation from Github to ReadTheDocs. It is also being fully re-written to be clearer and more comprehensive. So far only the updated installation procedure is available (so that you can enjoy Novius OS 0.2) but the rest will follow within a fortnight.
- System tray: The tab bar now features a tray which includes actions (e.g. log out) and returns information (e.g. currently logged-in user).
- And a gorgeous new default wallpaper!
We've moved the demo to the new version for you to try Novius OS 0.2 (the 'Build your app' wizard isn't installed on the demo due to security reasons).
Besides we'll dedicate a blog post or screencast to each of the new features so you get the full picture. Follow this blog via the RSS feed or Twitter to be updated (expect an update every few days). .
We hope you'll like this new version as much as we do!